This is my 7 month transformation. It hasn’t been easy, but it sure has been worth every effort. Despite what many think, it hasn’t been complicated at all. In fact, it’s really simple.
There’s seven rules I lived by to achieve what you see in the video:
1. Keep It Simple, Stupid. Overcomplicating the process leads to confusion and makes the goal unattainable.
2. Eat slowly. More times than not, I’d eat too much, because I didn’t eat slow enough for my brain to receive the signal from the stomach that I was full.
3. Fuel the body with the right foods. I ate lean animal proteins, fibrous and colorful veggies, healthy fats, and fibrous, starchy carbohydrates. Nothing refined or processed. And I didn’t go hungry either!
4. Eat Protein and Veggies at every meal. I made sure I had two palm-sized portions of protein and two fist-sized portions of vegetables at each meal.
5. Earn your carbohydrates. I ate carb-containing meals only after my workouts and on rest days, I only had 1 meal with carbs.
6. Intermittent fasting. I skipped breakfast (SOUND THE ALARM!) and ate my first meal at noon, and stopped eating around 8 or 9 pm. I kept nearly all muscle and dropped fat at a rapid rate. The whole skipping meals ordeal is pseudoscience at best… it won’t harm you one bit.
7. Lift heavy. I trained like a powerlifter. Lower volume and heavy weight, with a focus on Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, Overhead Press, Bent-Over Rows, and Chin-ups/Pull-ups. 5 sets of 5 reps, 3 days per week, with emphasis on adding 5 pounds to each lift the next time I hit that lift.
That’s it. Nothing special. Apply these rules to your own life and you WILL see a change in the way you look and the way you feel.
To connect with me:
The Lean Body Club Blog:
The Lean Body Club Facebook: